Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Path Unsung

At the days first light I hear only silence.
When the days end I have empty hands.

For you I will give up nothing.
For me you will struggle to be
stronger than everybody.
You will try to make me forget.
You will have to fight for trust.
You will need to be tough.

When you ask me to hold on
I will probably break free.
I will probably try to not be me.
To not have anger, to not have rage.
To give truth and love
without the need of a warm embrace.

When the light of love starts to dim
I will fear the cold from within.
I will try to hold on to some shread of light.
To remember the fires of life.

But when the end of light has come,
Will I have found the one?
Will all my dreams of day and night
have come and gone without even the knowledge of sight?

Will you have met your match and run?
Will I be what I fear...
alone and unsung?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home