Friday, May 26, 2006

Ok, here we go...on Wednesday afternoon while at work, I recieved a phone call from the owner, first to ask me why the invoices weren't sent out on Tuesday. The invoices weren't sent out on Tuesday because I was told not to do them. I was told that we weren't doing them in the store anymore and that I didn't need to come back into the store to finish them. Just to cover my ass, I called the owner to ask her myself if this was true...she herself said that I didn't need to do them anymore. "BUT NORMA, WHY DIDN'T YOU SEND THEM???" Well ASSHOLE, "I was told not to worry about them, that they would be taken care of." SO FUCK YOU!!!

Then the conversation took a route that I was not expecting. "Norma, why aren't you being honest with us? We have given you alot of great opportunities with this company and you just don't seem to care." "What do you mean by that?" "Well Norma, someone told me that you are looking for another job." WHAT????!!!!???? FUCK!!! I hate this place so fucking much! Yes, Genhen told me to trust no one. But fuck, I can't live my life like that. It's too hard to not trust anyone around you. It's all so fucking ridiculous. Anyways, "Who told you that?" "That is unimportant. What is important, is that you've been lieing to us after all we've invested in you." FUCK YOU!!! "I can't talk right now, there are customers coming in and I have to help ." "Ok, call me back after work."

At this point I go to G and tell him about the conversation and ask his advice. So I collected my thoughts, wrote down some notes of what I wanted to tell her and prepared myself to tell her I was quiting that day. *ring ring* "Hello Norma." "Hello Tricia." "So." "So. First let me say that I'm tired of all of this gossip. I am just exhausted at having all these little conversations about what so and so has said Norma has said or done this week. I can't live like this and I don't want to work like this." "Well Norma you know that how you deal with, and I don't like to use the word 'conflict', but I like to say 'opportunities for growth', how you deal with these circumstances show what kind of a person you are." FUCKING IDIOT!!! LETTING LIARS MANIPULATE MY LIFE WHILE I STAY BENT OVER WITH MY ASSHOLE FULLY EXPOSED IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE ME STRONGER????? RETARD! No that's unfair they aren't retards. Retards aren't bad people. *silence* "Norma?" "Yeah, I was listening to you talk." "Well don't you agree?" "No I don't. I think that there is something entirely wrong with a business who started out with a staff of 35 and that of those 35 there are only 5 people who were with us since we opened a year ago." "Well you know some of those people went off to school". "Four. Four of those people went off to school. And beyond the turn around rate, consider your current staff. How many of them complain on a daily basis that they are unhappy for one reason or another." "Who? Tracey?" Tracey you should know is a major complainer. Someone who's word is valued at very little. "No. I'm not counting Tracey. I'm talking about employees who work damned hard and are getting looked over. Run over more like it." "Well like who?" "I'm not going to name names. I think that if you guys really had a handle on your company that you would know these things. Besides if I named even one person then I would be doing the exact thing that is pissing me off right now about this store." "Well why didn't you tell us that you were looking for another job? Why haven't you been honest about that with us?" "I haven't lied. I never once said that I wasn't looking. And looking for another job is a personal decision, not a corporate one." BLAH BLAH BLAH MORE TALKING BLAH BLAH BLAH MORE TALKING "Well what would make you happy? Would you be happier if Ashley came back down there?" Ashley by the way is someone who started with the company when I did as a cook, and a few months later was asked to moved to St. Louis to be a manager. "At this point Tricia, it wouldn't matter. I mean I would still be working with people who I don't trust, respect or even care about anymore." "Well you should know that all that is going to change very soon here. You need to hang on for me for just a couple of more weeks and everything will be different. Can you do that for me?" "Sure I can give you that time. But that doesn't mean that I'm not still going to be looking for another job."


The new bit of gossip is that I have already accepted a new position and that the week off that I asked for a month ago to help KT move in is actually being spent at my "new job". That I'm going to try it out for a week and see how I like it. I'm so fucking sick off all this. One thing that I told the owner was that if I have to go into work, that the second I wake up in the morning to minute I clock out, I'm totally depressed. How's that for honest?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home