Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Fridge (yes I really mean Gehnen's Fridge)

Ok so this story starts 3 1/2 weeks ago. When my fridge stoped cooling. The day after it stopped cooling I called Lowe's to see if we had a warrenty. Well in the end it turns out we do. But at the time it was still under the manufactuers warrenty so I called the Lowe's 800 number to have someone come fix it. They transfer me to Maytag's repair people. And I am given a phone number of a repair person to call. This is on Saturday before Angie's and KT's wedding. They say since they are in the area they should be able to come out the same day and fix my fridge! Woot! this is great going way easy right?! WRONG!!

So I call the number and I leave a message and I wait for a call back. I call again on Monday and still don't get called back. So then Tuesday Gehnen and I leave for TX and I don't want Neri to have to deal with it while we're all gone so she lives off Kaldi's and fast food till Friday when she leaves for Texas.

So we get back on Sunday and on Monday I don't do anything pertaining to the fridge. However on Tuesday I call back and talk to someone at the Lowe's warrenty place they say they aren't sure why I was sent to Maytag in the first place as they will cover my fridge and they will set up the appointment for me and I won't have to worry. That's awesome great cause the Maytag people SUCK! So they call, while I'm on the phone no less, then they come back to me and tell me that the people they have to work on Maytags don't know how to work on mine because it has the french doors. Now excuse me if I'm wrong but I would think that if a fridge isn't cooling you'd be more worried about the cooling device than the DOORS!

So Lowe's tells me that they need to call around and find someone in our area that will work with their warrenty and come out and fix my fridge. Alright. Then they say it could take a day. And they would call me back the next day being Thursday. So on Friday when I've not heard back from them yet I call to ask what's going on and they say they are still looking and it could take another day and they might call me that afternoon or Monday. I'm getting fed up at this point. So on Monday I call back, the person who I talk to tells me that I still need to go through Maytag because my origional call was placed before the manufacturers warrenty was out they are responsible.

So I call Maytag back and they say yeah they can take care of me. I told her I need a new number because the first one I think is out of business and they never called me back. So she looks up and she says she's not sure why I was ever given that first number because they have a master repair man in our area who can fix my fridge. So she puts me on hold and calls them up. Comes back to me and says yeah they are expecting your call everything will be alright.

I call up Kevin's repair-whatever-his-business-is-called. And they set me up with an appointment. Granted it's not till Monday cause this guy is good and busy. But still it's an appointment and they will come to finally fix my fridge. Then I hear from Gehnen and they call to say that because it's officially one day after the manufacturers warrenty is expired the way they put it in the system they will have to bill us but then give us a refund becuse my origional call was put in before the warrenty was up. Ok that sucks alot because as you should know from my previous post we're broke but ok ya do what ya got to do.
Then Gehnen gets another call to tell us that the warrenty covers parts but not labor...ok wait. We did buy the extended warrenty from Lowe's so why are we being charged for labor? So after ALL that I call Lowe's back AGAIN and talk to this really nice woman who has to hear my whole story (poor girl) and she is very understanding and says she agrees that I shouldn't have to pay for labor since we have the extended warrenty so she talks to her supervisor and in the end I'm told to keep my current appointment so I can get my fridge fixed. They are going to try and get Keith's whatever to fix my fridge and send the bill to Lowe's at the -very- worst we'll have to pay for all of it but get reimbersed for ALL of it!!!!!

Finally!! a solution!!! A working fridge come Monday and hopefully no bill!!! God now wasn't that a long and painful fix to a broken cooling unit on a fridge?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home