I want to not hate my job!
Thursday, September 29, 2005
About Me
- Name: Neri
- Location: Missouri, United States
I set up this blog in particular for my family and friends. I want you all to be able to come here and see how I'm doing. :D Love you all.
Previous Posts
- What does friendship mean to you? Not just in term...
- Funny moment at work. =D
- UHHGGGG!!!
- There's nothing better than waking up in the morni...
- This is essentially a rough draft of what I want m...
- Advertising Blogbot
- Baseball
- Tropical Storm NORMA
- Hey all just a quick FYI, if you love a good laugh...
- New show

3 Comments:
Studying "roles" in Social Psychology...I'm a beginner so don't take this as professional advice or anything but...
We spend a lot of time emulating our models in our roles. When you're being a "baker" you tend to behave like your perceived notion of what a "baker" is, that is, you have this sort of archetypal version of a baker in your head and that's what you try to be.
This archetype can be formed by experience i.e. all the bakers you've ever known have contributed, and by your attitudes i.e. Bakers have a boring job and to be a baker I must be bored.
Your roles are thus susceptible to conscious influence. Convince yourself that being a good worker doesn't mean being unhappy or dissatisfied and you'll find that work is happier and more satisfying. It's when you're convinced that the role you're playing at work sucks that work will suck.
I don't know that I explained it well, but it's something to keep in the back of your head. At least at the perceptual level, life is what you make it.
Redefine your role to your liking and then move towards that new archetype.
I want to not hate my job too, can I have a new one that I like with better pay so that I can get a bigger place with a yard for Gavin? I am getting really frustrated looking for a new job. The places I can realistically get a job pay several thousand a year less than I make now, which is hardly enough to live on. The jobs I want require a degree, which I won't have for another year. Or, my favorite part - they require experience I don't have yet. Why the hell does everyone require experience? You have to start somewhere.
Good quote, the source of which I have forgotten...
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
Post a Comment
<< Home