Thursday, August 18, 2005

And I quote...

..."No one makes a good froth on their first try." This was said by the guy who has been working with Kaldi's for the past 4 years. He came down from Kansas City to train us. Now let me say that he was so surprised by my froth that he actually said to the GM at this branch that he thinks I'm a natural. =D
Also, while making Cappuccinos he stopped me from trying the one that I had made (we're supposed to try all the drinks that we make to get a general idea of how it tastes and feels on the tongue) and showed it to the GM and said "Take a look at this. Isn't it beautiful? Norma made it." I had managed to make a heart in the froth without being shown how to do so.
YAY me! I fucking rock. Hard! =)
So natually I took this opportunity to ask the GM about the potential likelyhood of there being shift leaders. He said that it was a possibility. So I asked if it was a possibility for me. He said yes it is, and that I'll be trained next as a cook and then as a POS (which is some dumnass acronym for someone who rings up customers/glorified register person). I'll let you all know soon what happens.

2 Comments:

Blogger Neri said...

lol I like the latter. =D

9:39 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I've heard of the equipment being referred to as POS, but not the person...how strange. Missouri is weird. :p

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home