Saturday, August 13, 2005

Karmic Crap!

Ok, so let me tell you all how my day went yesterday. I got to work and everything seemed to be running ok, except for the fact that I had to work with this old Bitch who is disrespectful as hell. But even having to deal with her was ok compared to the rest of the day.
Yesterday was payday and I was so excited because it's been about a good month or so since I've gotten paid. I get my check, and low and behold it was about 14 hours short. Thankfully the system at work is one where you clock in or out and the register prints you out a copy of the hours you worked that day and all the days in that week. It's pretty cool because you legitimately don't have to keep track of how many hours you're getting, it's all there in black and white. So anyways, the only problem now is that I was planning for the additional money
(the 14 hours missing) to go to certain bills. Now that I'm short so are my bills. They said that they would work on it. But when I went in today they said that they went over it and didn't understand what happened. That they couldn't figure it out because in the system I was only showing to have 6 hours in that particular week. Fuck that! I however am brilliant and saved all the little stubs that the register printed and now have evidence that they can figure out. =D
Next, while at work I cut my finger on one hand and burned my fingers on the other.
Then while on my way out to go with Grinningcomb to buy her some work shoes, my car wouldn't start. Yup. Anyway, Grinning suggested that we jump it. So we moved the cars around to allow for better access to the batteries and tried to jump it. We did see sparks, but thought that maybe it was because we hadn't put the right color on first, so we tried to connect them again. That didn't work. I called AAA and they sent someone out to jump me and tow me to the nearest shop. After waiting about an hour they finally showed. As I got out of the car to speak to the man, I saw that he was already jumping the car. Mind you, as I looked towards the engine to see what he was doing I noticed that he had attatched the jumper cables up to a different box than that which Grinning and I had tried to attatch them to. That's right folks, I tried to jump the wrong thing. So he jumped me, the car started and he said that it was very likely that the battery was no good. So Genhen and I went to O'Rilleys and had them test the battery. It was dead. After purchasing a new battery (thanks to F.F.F.), we had to wait around for one of the guys who worked there to put it in. You see, my car has the battery under two seperate locking systems. Thank God! I mean it would suck if the battery some how managed to escape the first hold down, and then broke free of the second to jump out of my engine and attack someone. :)
So yay! The car has a new battery and we can go on our way. But wait there's more. Even with the new battery I saw that the radio and AC still weren't working. I asked the guy what might be wrong. He suggested that maybe a fuse was blown. And immediately Genhen put two and two together and said that it was probably the act of jumping the wrong box, the box that produced sparks perhaps. So shit, I have no AC and no radio. We were on our way home and Genhen tried to roll the windows down for some cool air. BUT, he couldn't because the windows are electric. That's right, anything electrically run in my car wouldn't function. That also included my alarm. Which means I had to lock all the doors manually which isn't horrible except for the fact that I can't lock the back door because that only closes with the alarm.

So that was my day. Granted things worked themselves out rather well, but it still sucked ass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neri said...

No worries about the fingers. You know me and my theory that if you don't cut or burn a finger while cooking, you're not doing it right. :)
And the car got fixed thanks to Genhen. So I'm ok. Thanks for being worried.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home