Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I'm a Buddhist....

...or atleast the four tests that I took told me that I am, or rather that I should be one. It's cool because I'm currently reading "Awakening The Buddha Within". Fate? =D lol

I have a desire to now know what you all are. So if you get the chance take one of the millions of tests online and tell me what you are or should be, religously speaking. I'm just currious. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Could it possbly be the power of suggestion? You're reading about becoming a Buddhist, so you answer like one? Just a thought.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Neri said...

I don't think so. Seeing as how I've just gotten the book and have only read about 6-10 pages of it, I don't believ that I was answering any differently. Besides while answering all of the questions I had a thought, the answers I was giving were ideals that I've had since I was a kid. Huh mom! =D lol

11:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I apparently rebooted instead of finishing posting. Anyway...You asked, so here goes.

I'm non-evangelical, anti-organized religion and rank somewhere between Taoist/Buddhist/Quaker.

I don't believe in divine punishment, heaven and hell, or karma as retribution.

I believe in God but that belief is still developing. Right now I'm operating on a kind of decentralized understanding of God. I see God as a sort of prime motivator present in all things. It's a fuzzy definition which may or may not include the Tao.

The Quakers believe in a "little light" in all of us, little pieces of God. This is quite similar.

I believe there is a sort of balancing force to the universe in the sense that there is a flow and eventually everything tends towards the center. Extremes eventually get folded into the center but not immediately or on any kind of punitive basis. People do bad things and get away with it, people do good things and get nothing for it. You can try to fool yourself into thinking the score must be settled either by you or by "the universe".

I could go on, but it'd kind of be a lot for a comment... maybe a book sometime :P

11:30 PM  
Blogger Neri said...

lol I think that would be a fine idea KT. I know I'ld buy a copy. =D I always love reading what you have to say, so comment on my friend.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Ok, you failed to mention you'd barely started the book, lol. :p

And I know the questions aren't labeled...all I meant was after reading about Buddhist philosophy/attitude, she may have picked up on the same ideas. But, since she's only a few pages in, I seriously doubt that :p

3:32 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Here are my results from the Belief-o-Matic religion quiz that I took in April 2003. I think I will take it again just to see if they're the same, but I don't have time right now.



1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8041_1.html
2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (98%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8028_1.html
3. Neo-Pagan (94%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8058_1.html
4. Liberal Quakers (91%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8038_1.html
5. New Age (91%) http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8055_1.html
6. Theravada Buddhism (81%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8042_1.html
7. Secular Humanism (80%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8040_1.html
8. Mahayana Buddhism (78%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8045_1.html
9. Reform Judaism (77%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8054_1.html
10. New Thought (76%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8056_1.html
11. Bahá'í Faith (73%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8051_1.html
12. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (71%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8039_1.html
13. Taoism (66%) http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8059_1.html
14. Scientology (64%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8057_1.html
15. Sikhism (64%) http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8049_1.html
16. Nontheist (59%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8027_1.html
17. Jainism (52%) http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8048_1.html
18. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (46%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8029_1.html
19. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (45%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8035_1.html
20. Orthodox Quaker (43%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8037_1.html
21. Orthodox Judaism (41%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8053_1.html
22. Hinduism (35%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8047_1.html
23. Islam (30%) http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8052_1.html
24. Jehovah's Witness (20%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8034_1.html
25. Eastern Orthodox (16%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8033_1.html
26. Roman Catholic (16%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8030_1.html
27. Seventh Day Adventist (11%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8036_1.html

3:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just took the belief-o-matic quiz. I'm 34% more likely to agree with a non-theist who doesn't necessarily believe in any kind of god than I am to agree with a Roman Catholic.

Results as follows:

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers (90%)
3. Mahayana Buddhism (88%)
4. Neo-Pagan (88%)
5. New Age (85%)
6. Taoism (85%)
7. Theravada Buddhism (81%)
8. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (80%)
9. New Thought (70%)
10. Scientology (68%)
11. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (67%)
12. Secular Humanism (67%)
13. Reform Judaism (56%)
14. Hinduism (55%)
15. Bah�'� Faith (53%)
16. Orthodox Quaker (53%)
17. Jainism (52%)
18. Nontheist (46%)
19. Sikhism (45%)
20. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (33%)
21. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (30%)
22. Seventh Day Adventist (28%)
23. Orthodox Judaism (25%)
24. Islam (20%)
25. Jehovah's Witness (17%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (12%)
27. Roman Catholic (12%)

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home