Painting
For those of you who truly know me, you will understand how much painting means to me. Since moving here, I haven't really been able to have my own space to set up my painting tools let alone paint. So, Genhen has graciously offered to help me make a custom modeled easel and let me set up a space in his garage so that I can have a make shift studio. :D Just the thought of being able to paint again has eased some of the stresses going on in my head.
Painting is the pinacle of extreme relaxation for me. I've been without that release since April 2004.
Since I work at a coffee house, I've been trying to get permission from the managers to have a designated "painters wall". You know, a place where artists from the area can hang up their work and hopefully sell them too. :) Well, as it turns out, the managers kept giving me the run around...telling me that it was imposible and that there was no way, to give it up, to not even bring it up to the owners. :) Fuck that!!! This is something that is important to me. So the next time that the owners were down, I brought it up to one of them, prefacing it with, "I know that this might be imposible, but...". She said, "Nothing is imposible!" I love them! In all my years of working, I've never had the fortune of being able to speak directly with the owners...the people whos opinion really matters. Anyway, I told her my idea, or desire rather...and she said to come up with a plan of where it would go...of the method of getting word out that we were doing this and of a specific plan of discerning what paintings could and could not hang in their store. I'm so excited! :)
Anyway back to the easel. I'm going to make up a drawing of how I want the easel to look, what features I want it to have...then I'll buy the matterial and Genhen and I will build it. I can't wait! Imagine it...a space of my own...a custom made easel...(something that I've wanted for as long as I can remember) and a store in my neighborhood that carries the cheapest (cost, not quality) canvases that I've ever seen!
I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully you'll know soon. :D
Painting is the pinacle of extreme relaxation for me. I've been without that release since April 2004.
Since I work at a coffee house, I've been trying to get permission from the managers to have a designated "painters wall". You know, a place where artists from the area can hang up their work and hopefully sell them too. :) Well, as it turns out, the managers kept giving me the run around...telling me that it was imposible and that there was no way, to give it up, to not even bring it up to the owners. :) Fuck that!!! This is something that is important to me. So the next time that the owners were down, I brought it up to one of them, prefacing it with, "I know that this might be imposible, but...". She said, "Nothing is imposible!" I love them! In all my years of working, I've never had the fortune of being able to speak directly with the owners...the people whos opinion really matters. Anyway, I told her my idea, or desire rather...and she said to come up with a plan of where it would go...of the method of getting word out that we were doing this and of a specific plan of discerning what paintings could and could not hang in their store. I'm so excited! :)
Anyway back to the easel. I'm going to make up a drawing of how I want the easel to look, what features I want it to have...then I'll buy the matterial and Genhen and I will build it. I can't wait! Imagine it...a space of my own...a custom made easel...(something that I've wanted for as long as I can remember) and a store in my neighborhood that carries the cheapest (cost, not quality) canvases that I've ever seen!
I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully you'll know soon. :D

1 Comments:
That is awesome!! Great marketing move, too...artists will frequent the store to see other work, and to be able to post their own...and people will come in to look/buy...great for the business, from both sides!!
Post a Comment
<< Home