Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Trust

Trusting people, for me, is a long difficult point to reach with anyone. Becoming friends with Gehnen and Grinning was easy, but that doesn't mean that I trusted them right away. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to very much...but it was something that took a very long time and (I'm sorry Gs) even to this day I fear that my trust isn't 100%. It is at the very least around 95%. I don't even know if you can trust anyone 100%. But anyways, the point is this...I just discovered quiet by accident that my manager hasn't been giving me all my hours.

One: I saw the payroll sheet in the office for this weeks checks and saw that I was only getting paid for 35 hours this past week. When just yesterday I should Grinning and Gehnen my time card slip that showed that I had in fact worked for 39. Yeah...4 hours, big whoop! But I've noticed for quiet some time now that my paychecks aren't what I've thought that they should be. So the question is...did he change my hours, or was it a mistake?

Two: The payroll is automatically calculated on the computer from every time that you clock in from one day to the next. Since that's the fact, how did I come up losing 4 hours this week?

Three: I just don't trust him. I get the impression that he wants to keep his payroll down, and why not shave a couple of hours off of someones pay to acheive that?

I called the owner as soon as I found the time card slip and she said to keep an eye on my clock ins and outs...that if this happens again, they'll take immediate action. Damn me for not keeping all my time sheets!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Hmm didn't this happen to you right after you'd started last year? Is this the same person? That's highly illegal by the way...to shave hours like that. From now on try to keep a file of all your punches (which I am sure you will) because it's definitely grounds for firing him.

Even if there is compensation, it is still illegal to not pay worked hours. I know this because our payroll person has argued a lot with one of the managers here who has tried in the past to pay 4 hours of worked time and 4 hours of ETO (think sick time basically), when in reality the person worked a full 6 hours.

It doesn't matter that it was only 4 hours, it's still not right! You didn't hire on to do community service and you should be paid, you do enough unpaid work when you take problems home to think about them...we shouldn't think mean things, but we can hope he gets what he's earned. :)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

and plus, what if this has happened the whole time you've worked there...or, if not the whole time, half the time? It could be a couple paychecks you haven't been compensated for...BS I tell you, BS!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home