Sunday, February 19, 2006

Cage

Why does the caged bird sing?
Ignorance of it's surroundings?
Pride in it's song?
Wrong.

How do we first build our cages?
We build them with
Fear
Obsession
Loathing
Rage
Desire
Angst
Love
Joy
Hope
and
Hate!

I've built all my cages out of love.
I always have.
I want to be safe
and in my cages
I am!

Outside of the bars that I've built out of love is that which I fear the most,
The unknown.
But in my cage you'll find my biggest fear of all...
Loss.
Fear to lose if I stay.
Fear to lose if I go.
Fear to lose who I am.
Fear to be who I hate.

Why does the caged bird sing?
Ignorance?
NO!
Pride?
NO!
It sings because the air that it breaths chokes it's lungs.
It sings because the light that shines in burns it's feathers.
It sings because although to fly free is best,
To roam without the knowledge of love or even hate,
Will make even the strongest wings break.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home