UnGodliest of times

Can't you feel it too?
The heat that rises in you?
The way that everything hurts
When there is some sudden outburst?
The truth unfolding infront of your face
Doing what hands do...
Smacking you around all over the place.
Don't get me wrong
I'm not singing some embittered song,
I'm talking about when two people are hurt
By the words that are spoken in a quick slashing spurt.
I spoke up,
Now what?
It feels as though that which is strong
Might now be broken.
I don't really beleive it to be true.
It's just the feeling I got
The moment that I spoke up
And you decided to walk out.
The heat came into me with such strength and fury
That even if you hadn't said "I'm sorry"
I still would have worried.
Not that our friendship was gone,
But that I might have been wrong.
Silence I feared is what I should have again followed.
For watching you leave was too hard to swallow.
I know that we've been through this all...
I HAVE heard it before
To speak up is what's best
Fuck all the rest!
But damn it my friend
I know how much pain the truth can unfold.
To feel it from someone you love is sometimes the worst of all.
I listened carefully to words coming out of my mouth
Afraid that it was coming out as some sort scold.
A hug would have helped me
Would have eased my mind
Would have calmed my heart
But you walked away and I couldn't bare it
So instead I left...
I walked out at the unGodliest of times.
"I'm sorry" is nice.
You said it to me.
So please hear me now
I'm so terribly sorry.
Not for speaking the truth
But for walking away.
For doing the thing that I hated of you yesterday.
The heat that rises in you?
The way that everything hurts
When there is some sudden outburst?
The truth unfolding infront of your face
Doing what hands do...
Smacking you around all over the place.
Don't get me wrong
I'm not singing some embittered song,
I'm talking about when two people are hurt
By the words that are spoken in a quick slashing spurt.
I spoke up,
Now what?
It feels as though that which is strong
Might now be broken.
I don't really beleive it to be true.
It's just the feeling I got
The moment that I spoke up
And you decided to walk out.
The heat came into me with such strength and fury
That even if you hadn't said "I'm sorry"
I still would have worried.
Not that our friendship was gone,
But that I might have been wrong.
Silence I feared is what I should have again followed.
For watching you leave was too hard to swallow.
I know that we've been through this all...
I HAVE heard it before
To speak up is what's best
Fuck all the rest!
But damn it my friend
I know how much pain the truth can unfold.
To feel it from someone you love is sometimes the worst of all.
I listened carefully to words coming out of my mouth
Afraid that it was coming out as some sort scold.
A hug would have helped me
Would have eased my mind
Would have calmed my heart
But you walked away and I couldn't bare it
So instead I left...
I walked out at the unGodliest of times.
"I'm sorry" is nice.
You said it to me.
So please hear me now
I'm so terribly sorry.
Not for speaking the truth
But for walking away.
For doing the thing that I hated of you yesterday.

1 Comments:
lol JERK!
Post a Comment
<< Home