Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I get to be a Masterbaker!

So I started my new job today at Kaldi's Coffee house. I'm a little wired right now due to the three Cappuccinos and two Espressos that I had. It's a really cool place and as of right now the management staff seem to honestly be concerned with the well being of their employees. I have high hopes for this job, for it being a place that I can really feel at home with. It's been a really long time since I've had that feeling. Not since Borders have I been even slightly contented with my employment. Here though, I think that I'll be alright. That's the hope atleast.

The coolest part about this job is that I will be learning how to make all kinds of deserts. Not only that, but I will be taught by a Master Baker. :) I get to be a Masterbaker! I get to be a Masterbaker!

A quick run down of the items that I will be learning how to bake:
-Chocolate Chunk, Oatmeal Raisin, Icebox and Peanut Butter Cookies
-Biscotti
-Muffins
-Lemon, Gooey Butter, Brownie and Oatmeal Trail Nut Bars
-Carrot, Coffee and Cheesecake Cakes
-Pies
-Scones
-Quiches
-etc.

Kaldi's is essentially Starbuck's but with an edge. It has a very urbanised industrial feel to it. The kind of place that you would find in San Francisco. Just walking in there reminds me of California, which is a good thing.
The thing that makes me the happiest right now is the fact that I will be working 40 hours a week, not having to deal with customers, learning how to make yummy stuff, getting the shifts that I want and did I mention the 40 hours a week? :D

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oooo... if you can make a good quiche, send some my way!

Scones... I never quite got scones... they're sweet, but not sweet enough. It's like a turnover rendered in Pop-Tart dough with little or no filling.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Neri said...

:D Will do. From what I've heard from one of the managers, is that although he has never really quite enjoyed scones himself, he loves the recipe that Kaldi's has. Aparently it's supposed to be sweeter and more moist.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Sweet!! That sounds really awesome :)

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home