Monday, January 30, 2006

Alright, so about my new position. It's essentially a shift leader, which not to blow my own horn but I almost already do all that this position entails. It's nice to know that all of my hard work is actually starting to pay off. To have the owner tell me that she is so excited to be training me, that she wants me to start my trainging asap and that making me a shift leader is first priority for her right now....ROCKS!!! =D

I'm proud of myself. Granted, I don't know that I want to be waking up everyday at 3:45 am for the next 10 years but I do know that what's happening with my position now...makes me happy. I want more responcibilities...I want more respect from my present managers...I want to know that if the dishes need to be washed and I can't do it, that I can go out to someone who is just standing around-not working- and tell them to do it, is so sweet! :)

My goal though remains the same...pay off my debt, buy my own home...start selling my paintings and just work maybe two to three days a week at a conventional job.

*fingers crossed* I'm driving up to St. Louis this Thursday after opening the store here and then I'll stay up there to train one on one with the owner. I'll be staying up there till Friday evening. I know that I can do it, but I'm still just the slightest bit nervous. Which I think is a good thing, because it means that I care about the job. If I wasn't nervous about failing, then it would mean that I didn't give a shit whether or not I failed the company. Something like that. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

That's awesome! Congo rats, the big kind!

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home