Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I've been playing HL2 for a couple of weeks now and every now and then I get to a part that I happen to find rather difficult. Which is totally to be expected...so I walk away if I've tried to beat that part a couple of times in a row and haven't been able to. The game isn't easy. And I know damn well that there are some people who would say that I'm just not a good enough player...that I'm not a good strategist...whatever/etc. I like the game...it's thrilling...the story line is quite interesting and I want to get to the finish. But FUCK, (!!!) some parts are definately harder than others. I'm at a point right now where I've tried to get past this one fucking area over 20 times. It's frustrating as hell! It sucks, and some will call me a quiter, weak willed, a cry baby...blah blah blah...but I don't want to play the game now. Not for a good long while atleast. SO, go ahead...call me all of those things...say more...say worse if it will make you feel better or more superior or if you even think that that type of talk will some how motivate me (which I'll tell you it doesn't!!!) Just know this people out there...I am allowed to vent. I am allowed to complain when something bothers me. I am allowed to walk away from something that is stressing me out, so long as I have every intention in the world to go back to it eventually and complete it.

Let me also say that this is in regards to a game! Only a game. Ok? I'm not saying that it is even in my nature to give up or walk away from my life or responsibilities. I just figure that if you are trying to get away from stresses by playing a game, then that game shouldn't be making you feel worse.

=D

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

It took me 2 1/2 years to NOT finish Final Fantasy X - I watched Kyle finish and then he accidently saved over my game so...yeah. I saw the end and that's good enough!

1:51 AM  
Blogger Neri said...

lol I've seen the end...I know what happens in 80% of the game because I watched Genhen play it. But it's just so frustrating to not be as good as he was, or even as fast as he was.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home