Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I've decided that...


...I love my job. So the pay isn't that great. So the hours kind of blow. So I work with an old woman who is slower than dirty running from the wind. I just know that I love working there. Any place that I have worked, I've always had that..."Well today is just the first day, it will get better." Usually it doesn't. But I, as of yet, haven't had that feeling or even the thought running through my head. It's awesome! Sure I miss hanging out with my Fine Featured Friend but I get paid to do what I love, COOK! And not just the typical crap of donuts, I get to make scones, muffins, cookies, cinnamon rolls, rice krispy treats, breads and biscotti.

Another very important reason as to why I so love this job, is that I am apreciated. All of you know very well how fucking agitating it is to do a damn good job and have no one care enough to even comment on what a great job you are doing. Also, I've already been futzing with the recipes abit and the way that things are presented. In the last two or three days, I have been told by more than two managers in a day, that I am fantastic, that I am doing a great job and that they are so happy that they hired me. This, my people, has all been said and we aren't even open for business yet. Oh yeah, we were supposed to open on the 11th, then on the 18th, then on the 27th, now we are "opening" this Friday.

I love love love the fact that I don't have to deal with customers. It is so nice to just be dealing with the occasional manager, the occassional coworker and my pastries. I don't have to smile at the muffins to make sure that they have a good day, which they wont anyways because they are going to be killed, but I don't have to coddle any ones dumb ass ego. :D After about 7 years of customer service in retail, I no longer have to server even one customer. We open the store at 6 am, so I'll be showing up there at around 4:30 am to get things baked and ready to serve. But then I leave at 11am. How rocking is that? It's like I have an entire day to do anything I want. It's so cool. I haven't legitimately done a weeks worth of opening shifts yet, due to the opening being postponed over and over, but I'm hoping that it isn't too wearing on me. If it is, they have another bakers shift of 9 am, which isn't too bad...but only time will tell what it is that works best for me. I'm just so happy to be working again and getting paid, YAY MONEY, so I think that I'll be ok here. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

"I don't have to smile at the muffins to make sure that they have a good day"

lol, that is so true.

Awesome, glad to hear you love your job :)

I like earlier shifts also, but the crappy thing about that is if you're a night person, it's hard to shift the sleeping schedule. I am naturally a night owl, but since I get up early to exercise, I have to go to bed pretty early too. Too bad I can't get paid for an 8 hour shift and only work 6 :p

11:23 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

OH MY GOD HE KILLED THE MUFFIN MAN!

2:06 AM  
Blogger Neri said...

lol

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home