Thursday, July 21, 2005

What is with people here?

Springfield Missouri
Population of 390,000+
Weather is pretty typical (you have your hot days and your cooler days-thus far, it's been extremely tolerable).

As of now we have differing opinions in this house hold as to whether or not drivers here are better than the drivers in California. I think that the drivers here are the same, if not worse than in Cali. Whereas Spencer believes that the drivers here are better. My personal opinion is based on the fact that almost on a daily basis I see between two to three people run a red light. Also, that since moving here, I have seen three accidents happen and have driven by another four that had already happened.

On my way home from having lunch with Spencer today, I got stuck behind several of the slowest people on the F*ing planet. The type of driver that you pass to avoid, then get stuck behind their apparent older and slower sister. While entering the parking lot of our apartment, I got stuck behind Tweedle Stupid. Who, even though she was driving the smallest car in the world, was unable to park her vehicle in an open stall. She had pulled into the stall and aparently was so incredibly inept, that she had to pull out and attempt to park again. Anyways, I was not going to sit behind her while she learned how to maneuver this aparently very difficult machine. So I drove passed her in one of her pulling in attempts and parked Yay. (Yay for all of you who don't know is the name of my car.) I managed to park, get out of my car, wait about a minute or two for Kristen to get out of hers and still the woman had not parked. As Kristen and I started to walk towards to door we hear, "I could have hit you when you drove by me that fast." I stopped, turned and said, "Excuse me?". She repeated herself and with doing so confirmed the thought that has occasionally run through my head, "Do I really live here?" I not being one for confrontaion with idiots who seem to thrive on anger said, "I'm sorry." and walked away. Honestly, I'm not the one who was unable to park a tiny ass car into it's stall. Not to mention the fact that I am not blind either. Had she been in the reverse mode, I would have seen her reverse lights come on. Seriously people, I don't get this population. Since I've been in Missouri, I have worked three jobs. And in two of those employments I have found half the population to be extremely sweet, patient and helpful. The other half is California times two. That right, half of 390,000+ people are worse than all the people that I had ever interacted with in California. I'm not saying that I don't want to live here, I just wish that the differences between these two halves weren't so severe.

That's my bitch fit for the day. :D *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home