Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I've twisted my ankle. Rather badly in fact. I actually called out of work so that I could stay home and recuperate. It's so weird...I mean I want to get better, but I want to be at work (the MONEY part of being at work more than anything). I don't think it's too serious, in fact I can almost walk on it comfortably without causing myself too much pain. Thank you to Gehnen...he wrapped it, iced it and gave me pain meds...he also is letting me use his dead mama's cane.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Keep it wrapped, not too tightly. If it's a break, stay off it and keep it up to reduce swelling. If it's a sprain, walk on it as much as you can stand as the exercise speeds healing.

Keep it iced for the first 24 hours or so until it doesn't feel better anymore and then try a warm pack instead. Hot, damp towels are great for this sort of thing.

For pain and swelling ibuprofen, aspirin and acetominafen use different mechanisms and metabolic pathways and so you can take them all together without harmful interaction. *Do* however stay within the recommended doses of each.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Neri said...

=D Thank you brother! lol

12:42 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I sometimes take Tylenol (acetaminophen) and Advil (ibuprofen) together when I have an especially persistent headache. I don't do it too often since I don't want to dull the effect, but it works really well.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home