Monday, April 10, 2006

I have my traditions...

I have to say thank you to my mom for instilling so many traditions in me. I've come to realise in the last couple of years, that the traditions that I was raised on are still VERY much important to me now. For example...Easter...I'm not particularly religous...atleast not in the religion that celebrates the raising of the son...so then why is Easter important to me? Family. Every holiday is another reason to let your family know that you love them, whether it be with candy, gifts, cards, phone calls or emails...having another excuss to say..."hey mofo...sup...much love...peace out". =D Anyways, this year although I'm not with my blood family, I'm with my "friend" family and I made them easter baskets. They're already set up on the kitchen table...excluding the special presents. Thanks again mom! Love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, us pagans invented the party before the Christians even had even picked a god to pray to :P

In any case, practically everything about Easter was ripped from previous traditions.

The rabbits are fertility, the eggs are new life, the lambs and chicks and ducklings, etc. are all both symbols of new life and springtime edibles for celebratory purposes.

So you're actually quite on the ball, the family gathering, the feasting, the partying are all at the core of the holiday. Gods, goddesses, ressurection, etc. are excuses for the party we'd already be having anyway.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Neri said...

Shhh...that was going to be a surprise!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home