Saturday, September 10, 2005

Saturday Morning Meeting

They've finally decided to have a staff meeting. And they so happened to schedule it at 7:00 am on Saturday. The first day that I've had off in about 12 days. So I show up and everyone is rolling in and looking for a seat (preferably by someone they like) and getting drinks or food. As Tricia starts the meeting, she owns this branch of Kaldi's (OWNED!!! lol), I was seated with two of the maybe ten people that I like out of the entire staff. I don't hate the others, I just don't particularly like them so much. =) Anyways back to the meeting. They started out with thanks to the whole staff for being so great this last month, that they were really happy with the level of customer service that everyone was giving. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I hate mass compliments. I find them to be uncondusive to actually telling someone that they, INDIVIDUALLY, are doing a great job or not. Then Russ, the GM, opened the floor up to any questions that anyone might have. Holly, this totally cool chick who just moved to the area with her hubby took up the reigns. She started out by saying that she didn't want to be the one to put a damper on such a happy mood, but that she had something she wanted to complain about. I love her, she's so funny. So, she started to say how she was getting thoroughly disappointed with how some people are leaving at the end of their shifts without finishing everything that they had to do on their "End of Shift Sheet". And how when she shows up for work, more often than not has to pick up the slack of those before her. It was odd, because as she was talking Russ started to sort of cut her off when she started talking about the inconsistancies amoungst the management. =D HEE! LOVE THAT GIRL! After they 'inconclusively' answered her comment, they opened the floor up again. MY TURN!!! I very politely said that since I didn't know who exactly to talk to about this, that what I had to say was directed to the WHOLE staff. It wasn't anything evil or anything that hadn't been talked about by every other employee and manager for that matter. The washing of the dishes. Apararently some people that I work with have no clue what 'washing dishes' means. It does not mean rinse and let dry. Idiots. So anyways, at the end of the meeting they decided to impliment an Employee of the Month. Russ said that this person worked above and beyond their equals. That they went from position to position with relative ease and that they worked well with everyone...Ashly. :) I love Ashly. We hang out quite often. But I can't say that it didn't hurt that she got it and I didn't. I rather sucks actually since I'm always picking up peoples shifts and helping out in areas that I'm not exactly trained in. It hurts. I didn't think it would so much, but it does. It honestly makes me feel like not giving 150% anymore. To do my part, to do it well and just let it be.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My work philosophy is this...

You pay me and I work.
You don't pay me and I don't work.

You don't get extra effort without extra pay but I don't slack off while I'm on the clock either.

Incidentally I'm just home from a staff meeting...

1:12 PM  
Blogger Neri said...

LOL Awesome! Thanks, that's pretty much my whole post in just a couple of sentances. I hate it though because I thought that maybe I was working towards something. Oh well. Nice to hear from you again by the way KT. Missed you. :)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Well, you might be. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered you a shift leader position or something...not sure if you want it, but they might try to give it to you. I wouldn't take her success as a slight to your effort...it just means they were paying more attention to her, but now that she's out of the way...

1:19 AM  
Blogger Neri said...

Thanks Angie. I wish that were true, but I feel something amiss brewing. I don't know exactly what...but I can feel it. It scares the crap out of me.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home