Fucking piece of shit dumbass day at work!!!
Ok, to start out you should know that I still don't hate my job...not entirely anyways. I walked in this morning at 5 am, as usual, and was greeted by a semi hysterical manager who told me that we had to put a box of pastries together to take to a radio station for promotional purposes. Now I've already done something like this last week...last friday to be exact and didn't feel any "extra" pressure to follow through. But she on the other hand thought that I "needed" help. Fuck that!!! I know what I'm doing damn it! As she was so annoyingly trying to "help" me, all she did was stress me out and get in my fucking way. She started to take control of MY kitchen. Mind you she isn't even bakery trained, so NO SHE WAS IN NO WAY HELPING ME! On the contrary, any time the oven timers went off, SHE got infront of me and was "taking care of it". She burned the scones, she undercooked the muffins and OH MY GOD she was making a mockary of the box that was to be sent to the radio station. She literally thought that sending practically whole loaves of bread was going to be appealing visually. Then as I was trying to just get what I deemed the most important task done, which was to stock the bakery case before opening, I noticed that the brownies that I had just baked yesterday had be butchered. AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I calmly went to said manager and asked, knowing fully well who had done it, "Who cut these brownies?" She said in a stupid fucking voice, "Oh. I did. I'm sorry. I don't know what happened. I've cut them before and that didn't happen." Liar!!! She had cut then before and destroyed an entire tray before.
- The cut of a brownie doesn't seem diar when cooking at home, but in a Restaurant, it's extremely important. How your food is presented to a perspective customer is going to tell them how much their business means to you. She wasn't getting that when she suggested....
....Putting the fucked up brownies, which Genhen and Grinning will attest to their fuckedupness, in the box to go out to the radio station. She's nut! I told her no. I explained about presentation and she said, "But it will taste good!" OH DEAR GOD, I cannot believe that I have to deal with this shit. I was getting so thoroughly annoyed at this point that I was on the verge of filling the bakery case and walking out. I've never had that. Not even at Staples, and as Genhen and now Grinning can tell you....that is an astonishing statement.
Oh and more good news. Just after being told of the box and the radio station, I was told that I needed to start writting down what it was that I made everyday. Doesn't that sound odd to you? It sounds very much to me like my work is being questioned. Like I'M being questioned.
Oh and my friend, the EMPLOYEE OF THE FUCKING MONTH clocked in at 7:30 am and did absolutely nothing for the following hour! That's a lie. She walked around with another coworker playing hang man, drawing on the bulletin board and joking around. That is until she left, while still on the clock to go with another manager to the radio station to listen to the interview. I'm so fucking pissed right now that when I go in tomorrow morning to ask the GM if it's absolutely imperative that I write down everything that I do, if he says yes I'm going to explode. But not in the slamming his head between the freezer doors type of way (which has become a predominant mental image), but in the telling him everything that happened today type of way then telling him that I am going to be talking to the owner about every single instance where an employee slacked off and a manager ignored said slacking just to come down on those who were actually working. She comes into the store next monday or tuesday by the way. =D
It sucks. I hate being the bitch. I hate feeling like I shouldn't give 150%. I hate having dred when I wake up in the mornings now just knowing that I will potentially be pisses off, over looked or have my work ethics questioned. IT KILLS ME!!!
- The cut of a brownie doesn't seem diar when cooking at home, but in a Restaurant, it's extremely important. How your food is presented to a perspective customer is going to tell them how much their business means to you. She wasn't getting that when she suggested....
....Putting the fucked up brownies, which Genhen and Grinning will attest to their fuckedupness, in the box to go out to the radio station. She's nut! I told her no. I explained about presentation and she said, "But it will taste good!" OH DEAR GOD, I cannot believe that I have to deal with this shit. I was getting so thoroughly annoyed at this point that I was on the verge of filling the bakery case and walking out. I've never had that. Not even at Staples, and as Genhen and now Grinning can tell you....that is an astonishing statement.
Oh and more good news. Just after being told of the box and the radio station, I was told that I needed to start writting down what it was that I made everyday. Doesn't that sound odd to you? It sounds very much to me like my work is being questioned. Like I'M being questioned.
Oh and my friend, the EMPLOYEE OF THE FUCKING MONTH clocked in at 7:30 am and did absolutely nothing for the following hour! That's a lie. She walked around with another coworker playing hang man, drawing on the bulletin board and joking around. That is until she left, while still on the clock to go with another manager to the radio station to listen to the interview. I'm so fucking pissed right now that when I go in tomorrow morning to ask the GM if it's absolutely imperative that I write down everything that I do, if he says yes I'm going to explode. But not in the slamming his head between the freezer doors type of way (which has become a predominant mental image), but in the telling him everything that happened today type of way then telling him that I am going to be talking to the owner about every single instance where an employee slacked off and a manager ignored said slacking just to come down on those who were actually working. She comes into the store next monday or tuesday by the way. =D
It sucks. I hate being the bitch. I hate feeling like I shouldn't give 150%. I hate having dred when I wake up in the mornings now just knowing that I will potentially be pisses off, over looked or have my work ethics questioned. IT KILLS ME!!!

1 Comments:
That's such BS...obviously the manager got in by knowing how to run people, not the bakery. Anyone who works in food knows that presentation is everything...
Post a Comment
<< Home