Tell me...
...how many times in a week do you feel like not getting ready and going to work? (Let's just say that you work on average 5 days a week.) And give me a reason. I wont to know why. Please don't be retarded and say "Because". Tell me why you dread it.

2 Comments:
Pretty much every day, to some extent. Work is unpleasant.
I work on a quarry tile floor which is terrible for joints and backs and such. The oven puts us riding 80+ degrees in the kitchen all the time, sometimes hotter and always hotter when you're working.
Customers are, by their very nature, demanding. They always want something and they're at their worst when they want something that either a) you don't have or b) you don't have at the price they want it for (usually free).
Managers...I don't know...most of them seem good up front but some of them turn really bad as you get to know them.
Mentally it's a drain to spend your entire day doing something to further someone else's aims. You get X number of dollars out of the deal, the proprietor gets 2X dollars and sometimes prestige from *your* hard work.
Not until you get home at the end of the day do you get to have an independent thought or action. Even during your breaks you have to concern yourself with how your actions or appearance reflect on your employer, you're a self-grooming showpony for 8+ hours per day.
So, to sum up, it doesn't matter what you're doing you have to spend some amount of time per day "selling out" your time/body/values in order to make a buck. That's why work sucks.
Every single day I dread it. A robot could do my job. I am so tired of doing the exact same thing every single day. File, key, call about past due invoices that some monkey inevitably ate or wiped their ass with so that it didn't go through the normal process of paying the bill and is now past due, please send me 10 copies over the next 25 days while I avoid your call...and all of it unappreciated because our GM is an asshole.
Grinning, you remember me telling you a long time ago (2002) that he cut our pay but we might get it back if we have a good quarter/year/whatever? Yeah that's all been denied, and he doesn't know where the misunderstanding occurred, but we aren't getting it back (misunderstanding, my ass!). I never expected it back to be honest, but this is after the managers (minus GM, his was bigger) got bonuses after losing 20-25% of the business last year. And not a small bonus...a bonus that totals more than my yearly salary, although SP couldn't say by how much. Why did they get a bonus? Because the customer had to pay to get out of the contract, and since it was spread over the 12 months it padded our sales. And, since our "sales" were so good, the managers got fat-ass bonuses. Now, I understand why this "windfall" wouldn't account for giving back the money we were cut, but we could have been handed something too - but instead, the managers were patted on the pocketbook for losing a big account. Lovely.
So, as soon as we find something better, we're out of there...oh yeah, and we are supposed to be happy because the SAME RAISE EVERYONE ELSE GOT (even those who weren't cut, like all of production) makes up for the loss of income.
No, I know what it's about, and it's not the state of the business. It's about not having to pay us more because he already thinks we're overpaid, and could get cheaper labor if we quit, and have less expense and get more bonuses...whatever. I hate him, and I hate the company and even if I was offered a promotion (fat chance) were one to pop up (since I am not the only one looking for a job...KF for sure, CC is in real estate now so who knows...all confidential btw) - I don't want anything to do with them and I sure as hell don't want to work for Pittsburg!
Post a Comment
<< Home